Public Health England (PHE) have produced action cards to advise businesses what they should do in the event of a coronavirus outbreak at their business.
The action cards, designed for different business and organisation types, can be downloaded to keep on-hand for quick reference.
Identify, Report, Respond
The action cards focus on 3 steps:
- Identify – Identifying an outbreak of COVID-19 (one or more confirmed case depending on the business or organisation)
- Report – Reporting the outbreak to your local health protection team
- Respond – Working with your local health protection team to respond
Each situation has an individual Action Card providing specific COVID-19 Early Outbreak Management Information.
Get your action card
Download the relevant action card for your business:
- Workplace action cards – including, but not limited to, arts venues, food and drink establishments, food processing, construction, shops, and hair and beauty
- Small and large gathering action cards – entertainment and tourist resorts, places of worship and tourist attractions
- Residential workplace action cards – campsites and caravan parks, domestic abuse refuges, homelessness accommodation and hotels and other guest accommodation
Business owners should also read the following guidance to help them fully understand their responsibilities in the event of an outbreak of COVID-19.
Protect our families, communities and businesses
Cllr Aniket Patel, Cabinet Member for Commercial and Regulatory Services said:
All businesses must make themselves aware of what to do if a case of COVID-19 is identified in their workplace. Download the information action card relevant to your business and make it available to your employees. Talk with your employees so that there’s no doubt what you need to do if an outbreak happens.
There is still a very real risk of localised outbreaks. It’s crucial that we all do our bit to follow the steps that have been shown to prevent the virus from spreading. We must work together to protect our families, our communities and our businesses.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.