There are three young people’s awards up for grabs in the district this year and nominations are now open for all of them.
Creativity Awards and the Active Epping Forest Sports Award
Recognise and support our district’s inspirational, up-and-coming young creative and sporting talents and help them develop their skills by nominating them.
Winners, chosen by a panel of judges, will receive up to £500 to spend on their chosen discipline.
The Creativity Award can help boost creative skills and the Active Epping Forest Sports Award can be used for costs associated with the sporting activity.
Who can apply?
All applicants must:
- Be aged between 13 and 25 years on 12 December 2022
- Live, work or volunteer in the Epping Forest District – including being at college or university and returning home to the district during holidays
- Demonstrate a high level of interest or skill
- Explain how the award will be spent and what it means to them
- Spend the award on activities that take place within the district, or have benefit for the people of the district for the creativity award
- Compete at county, regional or national level in a nationally governed sport for the sports award
Young Citizen of the Year Award 2023
Nominate an outstanding young person who lives in the district for this award.
The Epping Forest District Council Young Citizen of the Year 2023 Award recognises the work of young people in the community who go above and beyond, making positive changes in the district.
Every day there are young people who selflessly support others in the community. Do you know a young person who has made a real difference? Have they helped others? Have they volunteered their time?
To be eligible, nominees must be aged 11-18 years and live in the Epping Forest District. The winner of the Young Citizen of the Year Award will receive a certificate and a cheque for £100.
How to apply
Applications close on Friday 25 November 2022.
Applications close on Sunday 11 December 2022.
If you have any questions email email@example.com.
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.