Youth election 2020
We are looking for young people aged between 12 and 17 to stand as youth councillors. The youth election will be held in local schools from Monday 9 March to Friday 20 March.
Anyone in year 8 or above, age 12-17 years on the 24 March 2020 living in the Epping Forest district can stand as a candidate in the Epping Forest youth election.
Epping Forest Youth Council is a way for young people to get their views heard in the Epping Forest district. It is made up of 25 young people with the aim to make a difference for young people on issues that matter to them.
Youth councillors wanted
- Do you want to make a difference to your community / school?
- Do you want better services for young people?
- Are you in Year 8 or above (age 12-17 years)?
- Do you want to work on projects relevant to young people?
- Do you have some free time?
- Do you enjoy debates and discussions?
- Do you live in the Epping Forest district?
- Do you feel young people’s voices should be heard?
- Can you commit for 2 years?
- Can you attend 2 meetings a month?
If you answered yes to all the above we want to hear from you!
Closing date for nominations is Friday 21 February 2020.
Elections in schools and colleges take place from Monday 9 March to Friday 20 March 2020.
How to apply
There are 2 ways to apply:
- Complete the nomination form on page 11 in the candidate information and nomination form (pdf 3MB)
- Complete our online nomination form
Your parent / guardian will also need to sign the nomination form.
Find out more
Read our candidate information pack:
Youth election 2020 timetable
|10 March||Epping St Johns School|
|11 March||The Ongar Academy|
|13 March||Debden Park High School|
|16 March||Braeside School|
|18 March||West Hatch High School|
|19 March||Roding Valley High School|
|20 March||Davenant Foundation School|
|To be confirmed||Chigwell School|
|To be confirmed||King Harold Academy|
If you have any questions or would like any assistance in applying to become an Epping Forest Youth Councillor contact Diane Gilston-Butler, Young Persons’ Officer at Epping Forest District Council:
- Call 01992 564365
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org