Pay your business rates
Payment of business rate bills are automatically set to 10 monthly instalments.
You can pay over 12 monthly instalments, half-yearly or yearly but you must contact our business rates team to discuss this.
- 01992 564064
Pay by Direct Debit
You can set up payment by Direct Debit by using our online portal. You will need to log in to your online account or register and set one up.
Our secure online payment system is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It accepts most major debit and credit cards but not Diners Card or American Express.
Pay by phone
Call our 24 hour automated telephone payment service on 01992 564600. You can make payments using your debit or credit card. Please have your business rates reference number, your bank sort code and bank account number to hand when you phone.
Pay in person
You can pay in person at our cash offices by cash, cheque or debit or credit card. There is a surcharge for credit card payments.
- Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ
- Debden Broadway Housing Office, 63 The Broadway, Loughton, IG10 3SP
- Payment kiosk in Waltham Abbey Library, 37 Sun Street, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1EL
Click on the links to view the location on a map, find their opening hours and contact information. Please bring your business rates reference number.
Pay by post
To pay your business rates by post using a cheque, you need to
- make your cheque payable to Epping Forest District Council
- write your business rates account number and your address on the back of the cheque
- send your cheque to Business Rates, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ
- include a stamped self-addressed envelope if you want us to send you a receipt
Pay by bank transfer
Pay your business rates payment direct from your bank account into our bank account, using our bank details
- Account name – Epping Forest District Council
- Sort code – 60-07-39
- Account number – 56340001
You need to include your name, address and business rates account number when you pay by bank transfer.