Get help, advice and support
If you are threatened with homelessness or think you might become homeless, don’t wait!
Seek housing advice and assistance from our homelessness team at the earliest opportunity. The more time we have, the more likely it is that we will be able to prevent you from becoming homeless.
Get help to prevent you from becoming homeless
We take all reasonable steps to prevent homelessness for any at risk eligible person regardless of their priority need. This might include assisting someone to stay in their current accommodation or help with finding a new place to live.
We have a duty to provide or secure the provision of housing advice and information about homelessness and the prevention of homelessness, free of charge. Information and advice is made available to anyone living in the Epping Forest district, even if they are not eligible for further housing assistance from us.
What advice can we offer?
We offer advice on:
- Preventing your homelessness
- Securing accommodation when homeless
- The rights of people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and our duties
- Any help that is available from us or anyone else, for people in the district who are homeless or who are threatened with homelessness, including how to access that help
- Assistance to qualifying applicants to join the council’s housing register
Contact us for housing advice
You may get housing advice and assistance in the following ways.
Visit the council offices in person
Epping Forest District Council Civic Offices
323 High Street
Our opening hours are 9am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4:45pm on Friday.
- Telephone 01992 564165 in office hours
- Telephone 01992 564000 in an emergency out of hours