Energy performance certificate
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rates the energy efficiency and environmental impact of your property. It is rated on a scale from A to G (A the most efficient and G the least efficient). From the 1st April 2018 there is now a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
Current running costs for heating, hot water and lighting and a list of recommended energy saving improvements are shown on the certificate.
Apply for a EPC
You can get an EPC from an accredited domestic energy assessor.
Help and advice
Energy Saving Trust provides impartial information on home energy efficiency and can advise you on any grants and offers that may be available to help you with the costs of installing measures.
- Visit Energy Saving Trust
- Telephone: 0800 512 012 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
More information and advice can be found through the sites below
- Energy Performance Certificate National Register
- Institute of Domestic Energy Assessors
- National Energy Services
- See Landlord’s Energy Saving Allowance on GOV.UK for more information
- Energy Saving Trust
For further information contact our private sector housing team
- Telephone: 01992 564348
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org