Draft Local Plan 2016
The draft Local Plan was published for a 6-week consultation between 31 October and 12 December 2016.
A detailed analysis of the comments was undertaken and a summary of the key issues identified was included as an appendix to the report considered by Cabinet on 11 July 2017.
Due to the size of the document we have also provided individual chapters and area maps, to ensure they are easier to download.
Find out about the context and background to the Draft Local Plan and how we have reached this point in the process.
Find out about the Draft Local Plan’s vision and objectives, the key issues it needs to address and the strategic policies which set out:
- how much development is to be planned for
- where that development should be located together with major transport infrastructure
- Green Belt boundaries and policy
- Green networks
Find out more detail about the policies covering issues such as housing, employment, transport, historic and built environment, design and environmental policies.
Read here about the preferred approach in the Draft Local Plan for your town or village. You can view high resolution versions of the relevant maps for your town or village below:
- Draft Policy P 1 Epping (pdf 2MB)
- Draft Policy P 2 Loughton (pdf 4MB)
- Draft Policy P 3 Waltham Abbey (pdf 2MB)
- Draft Policy P 4 Chipping Ongar (pdf 476KB)
- Draft Policy P 5 Buckhurst Hill (pdf 1MB)
- Draft Policy P 6 North Weald Bassett (pdf 1MB)
- Draft Policy P 7 Chigwell (pdf 1MB)
- Draft Policy P 8 Theydon Bois (pdf 1,002KB)
- Draft Policy P 9 Roydon (pdf 2MB)
- Draft Policy P 10 Nazeing (pdf 2MB)
- Draft Policy P 11 Thornwood (pdf 804KB)
- Draft Policy P 12 Coopersale, Fyfield, High Ongar, Lower Sheering, Moreton, Sewardstonebury, Sheering and Stapleford Abbotts (pdf 3MB)
Find out more about the infrastructure policies and approach for seeking contributions from developers as well as how the Local Plan will be delivered and monitored.
- Appendix 1 – Acronyms and Glossary (pdf 272KB)
- Appendix 2 – List of Draft Local Plan policies replacing all policies of the Epping Forest District Local Plan (1998) and Alterations (2006) (pdf 243KB)
- Appendix 3 – List of potential measures to monitor the effectiveness of policies in the Draft Local Plan (pdf 255KB)
- Appendix 4 – List of evidence to support the Draft Local Plan (pdf 302KB)
- Appendix 5 – Housing and traveller trajectories (pdf 259KB)