Privacy notice for housing management
Communities – housing management
Identity and contact details of the data controller
Epping Forest District Council is a data controller pursuant to the general data protection regulation (GDPR). This means that the council decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. The contact details for the council’s data protection officer are:
Data Protection Officer
Epping Forest District Council
323 High Street
Epping CM16 4BZ
- Call 01992 564000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data we collect about you
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Health information
- Financial information
- Criminal offences information
Why we collect this information and how will it be used
Your details are required in order for tenancy and estate management of properties within Epping Forest District Council ownership.
The information that you have provided will be securely held by the council and will only be accessed by authorised persons with the appropriate access controls. The council will only use the information that you have provided for the purpose above and will not use it for any other purpose, unless you have given your consent, or this is otherwise required or permitted by law.
The legal basis for processing your personal data
- 6(1)(e) Public task. The processing is necessary for the data controller to perform a task in the public interest or for official functions and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Special category data includes information about race; ethnic origin; politics; religion; trade union membership; genetics; biometrics (where used for ID purposes); health; sex life; or sexual orientation and where applicable the additional legal basis for doing so is:
- Social Protection 9(2)(b). The processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law.
Criminal offence data includes personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences, or related security measure and where applicable the additional legal basis for doing so is:
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of performing or exercising obligations or rights which are imposed or conferred by law on the controller or the data subject in connection with social protection, for administering justice, or for exercising statutory, governmental, other public functions and for the prevent and detection of unlawful acts and protecting the public against dishonesty.
Who we share your personal data with
In order to fulfil the function outlined above your personal data may be shared with contractors responsible for undertaking work, other council departments and housing providers. Your information may also be shared with other regulatory bodies for the purposes of enforcement or safeguarding.
Transfers to third countries and safeguards in place
No transfers of personal data to places outside of the European Union take place.
How long we keep your personal data
The council will keep your personal information in line with our retention policy:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have various rights as an individual that you can exercise in relation to the information that the council holds about you. Information about these rights is available in our data protection policy.
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data is processed by Epping Forest District Council you should contact the Data Protection Officer in the first instance:
If you remain dissatisfied with the council’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
- Helpline number 0303 123 1113
- ICO website