2023 to 2027
2. Our values and behaviours
Your Epping Forest
Our values and behaviours
Epping Forest District Council – A good neighbour to our residents, a good provider to our customers, a good employer to our people.
Why are we here?
Epping Forest is our place of work. It is where we grow up and where we grow old. It is our family and our community – it is the people we serve, and it is our home.
- To lead and support our community
- To help our residents build better lives through:
- equality of opportunity by recognising and treating everyone as individuals
- tailoring our services to people’s individual needs
- helping everyone achieve their maximum potential
- For people to create happy and healthy places to live, work and play
- To speak on behalf of our district
What we do
We work for our district, the people and places that make Epping Forest special and unique.
- Bringing all our skills, expertise, and resources together for the benefit of our community
- Delivering excellent services as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Making Epping Forest a better place than it is now
How will we do it?
Working together with the people we serve.
- We will listen
- Target our resources where they are needed most
- Make a positive impact on people’s lives by:
- making every penny count
- striving to improve services
- and delivering value for money
- Working with our partners to focus on health, wellbeing, housing, life-expectancy and equality
These commitments are enshrined in our values and behaviours
We will be open and honest with each other and our customers. We will treat everyone with respect and take responsibility for our actions.
We will take pride in our work and celebrate our achievements. We will learn from our mistakes and always do what we say we will do.
We will work together as One Council, supporting each other and our partners to achieve better results for everyone.
We will put our customers at the heart of everything we do, providing services that are tailored to the different needs of our communities.
We will seek new ways of working to improve and change to meet new challenges.