To help raise awareness for Dementia Awareness Week (14 – 20 May 2017), we are launching the first of our 8 dementia friends sessions on Tuesday 16 May at Waltham Abbey Library and we would like you to join us!
Click on an image to begin the slideshow
Become a dementia friend
We are calling on local businesses, community groups and individuals to attend one of our events and become a dementia friend.
Small ways to help
Each session is focuses on learning more about what it is like to live with dementia, helping you understand the small ways you can help and make life easier for those living with dementia in your community.
Each session lasts for an hour and will be provided at the following Essex County Council Libraries
- 16 May 2017 Waltham Abbey library, 37 Sun St, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1EL 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- 29 June 2017 Loughton library, Traps Hill, Loughton, IG10 1HD 10am – 11am
- 4 July 2017 Epping library, St John’s Road, Epping, CM16 5DN 10am – 11am
- 12 September 2017 Chigwell library, Hainault Rd, Chigwell, IG7 6QX 2pm – 3pm
- 21 September 2017 Debden library, Epping Forest College, Borders Lane, Loughton, IG10 3SA 1:30pm – 2:30pm
- 10 October 2017 Ongar library, The Pleasance, High St, Ongar, CM5 9AB 10am – 11am
- 2 November 2017 Buckhurst Hill library, 165 Queen’s Rd, Buckhurst Hill, IG9 5AZ 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- 7 December 2017 North Weald library, 138 High Rd, North Weald Bassett, Epping, CM16 6BZ 11am – 12pm
Call 01992 564226
Places are limited so please book to avoid disappointment.