Extra parking will be available for spectators planning to watch Stage 3 of the Tour de France in Epping Forest on Monday 7 July.
Many local people will need do no more that step out from their front doors or take a short walk to see the greatest cycle show on earth but if you are one of the thousands of visitors planning to come by car, make sure to plan your route carefully to avoid the road closures. Normal on-street parking restrictions will apply on all surrounding roads.
See the full list of Council-owned pay and display car parks and tariffs. Private and temporary car parking tariffs will vary.
Epping High Street will be closed from 9am
- Access to Cottis Lane and Bakers Lane Pay and Display car parks will only be available via residential roads from Lindsey Street.
- Alternative temporary parking at Shaftsbury Farm, Lindsey Street.
- St John’s School temporary parking – booking advised.
- North Weald Airfield – temporary parking including overnight accommodation for campervans and caravans.
- Toll House Field, Woodside – temporary parking, overnight camping and secure bike parking. Click here for more information.
- Temporary parking at Willingale Cricket Club
- Temporary parking at Bridge Road.
- In addition to council-owned pay and display car parks temporary parking is also available at Epping Forest College, Borders Lane, Loughton.
- Be prepared with stout walking shoes to walk from council-owned pay and display.
Epping Ongar Railway and London Underground Central Line
- Residents of Ongar can let the train take the strain with Epping Ongar Railway running steam trains in to North Weald.
- Visitors to Epping can also travel by train on the Central Line. Visitors prepared for a moderate walk can also hope of the underground at Buckhurst Hill, Loughton, Debden and Theydon Bois.