The council offices will be closed from 5.00pm on 21 December and reopen at 9.00am Wednesday 2 January 2019, but there are a number of services still available for you to Access.
If you need to report an emergency, please contact us on the below details.
- Call 01992 564199 for housing related emergencies (loss of power, blockages, uncontainable leaks, if you are locked out of your home)
- Call 01992 564000 for all other emergency enquiries
Your call will connect to the Mears support desk which will be available 24/7 until the offices reopen on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Pay for it
You are able to pay your council tax, rent, business rates and leasehold charges via the online payment portal and by phone 24/7.
- Pay online
- Pay by phone 01992 564600
- The Debden Broadway cash office will close at 4:30pm on Friday 21 December 2018 and reopen 9am on Wedensday 2 January 2019
- The payment kiosks in the civic offices, Epping will close at 4:40pm on Friday 21 December 2018 and reopen at 9am on Wednesday 2 January 2019
- The payment kiosk in Waltham Abbey library is subject to Waltham Abbey library opening hours
Benefit payments revised dates
2 scheduled Benefit payments will be made earlier than usual over the Christmas period.
- Payments due on Monday 24 December should be made on Friday 21 December 2018
- Payments due Monday 31 December 2018 should be made on Friday 28 December 2018
Please remember that the period until the next payment will be slightly longer because it will revert to the original schedule.
Apply for it
Apply for planning permission, building regulations, council housing, licensing, jobs applications and more online. Applications made throughout this time will be processed when the offices reopen on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Waste and recycling
Christmas week collections are now scheduled to be collected 2 days later
- Collections due Tuesday 25 December 2018 rescheduled for Thursday 27 December 2018
- Collections due Wednesday 26 December 2018 rescheduled For Friday 28 December 2018
- Collections due Thursday 27 December 2018 rescheduled for Saturday 29 December 2018
- Collections due Friday 28 December 2018 rescheduled for Monday 31 December 2018
New year’s week collections are scheduled to be collected 1 day later
- Collections due Tuesday 1 January 2019 rescheduled for Wednesday 2 January 2019
- Collections due Wednesday 2 January 2019 rescheduled for Thursday 3 January 2019
- Collections due Thursday 3 January 2019 rescheduled for Friday 4 January 2019
- Collections due Friday 4 January 2019 rescheduled for Saturday 5 January 2019
Your usual collection dates will resume on Tuesday 8 January 2019.
Recycling REAL Christmas trees
Leave your real Christmas trees with your food and garden waste throughout January 2019.
Remove the pot, all decorations and if over 6ft, cut in half to ensure safe collection. We are unable to recycle your fake Christmas trees, so please leave us real trees only!
Our special collections service will close at 5pm on Friday 21 December 2018 and will resume at 9am on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Lost or found dogs
If you have lost or found a dog within the area, please contact us on the below number. Calls are monitored and handled by the Waltham Forest dog team.
- Call 07815 512833
Free weekend parking in December! All of our car parks are free on weekends throughout December and bank holidays.
Epping Forest District Museum
The Epping Forest district Museum closes at 5.00pm on Saturday 22 December and will reopen at 10.00am on Wednesday 2 January 2019.
Council Run Sports Activities
Most sports sessions will resume week beginning Monday 7 Jan 2019.
Please check with your instructor to confirm the end and start dates of your chosen activity.
Our 4 council owned Leisure Centres are open over the Christmas period. All are closed Christmas, Boxing and New Year’s Day with revised opening times for the rest of the time.
Follow links to Places for People Leisure for full details of Christmas closures and latest offers.
Leasehold property insurance claims
If you own the leasehold of a property and need to make a building insurance claim (not contents).
You can do so directly to Zurich Municipal
- call 01252 387249.