Further support has been made available for small businesses in Epping Forest.
Support for businesses
Earlier this year Epping Forest District Council and Colbea partnered to provide support to businesses helping them to adapt their services in order to minimise carbon emissions whilst creating opportunities to reduce running costs. Moving forward, an expansion to the type of business advice available through Colbea is now available in Epping Forest. This offers local businesses new ways to navigate the recent challenges they face because of economic uncertainty and these new, free services include:
- Free business consultancy delivered on a 1-1 basis: General business advice and guidance for businesses which could include support around; business planning, grant applications and developing marketing strategies. This support is accessible for businesses of any stage, size and sector; including pre-trading/start-up businesses.
- First Steps to Start Up Success courses: An introduction to business course which is also suitable for those who are thinking of starting their own company or who have already recently started a business.
- Introduction to Finance courses: Perfect for small businesses owners or employees who have responsibility in overseeing financial operations and would like to know more about best practice.
- Specialist Import & Export consultancy: Useful advice around gaining access to or developing trade with international markets, particularly in response to changes resulting from Brexit.
Helping businesses through challenging times
Cllr John Philip Cabinet Member for Finance and Economic Development said:
Epping Forest District Council is keen wherever possible to develop business support services that can help local businesses to thrive and develop through a challenging economic climate.
In response to the recent expansion of services, Colbea’s Chief Executive, Simon Mead said:
Colbea is very pleased to have expanded the service on offer to Epping Forest businesses. It is a particularly difficult time for the UK economy. In response, over the past 12 months Colbea has worked with hundreds of clients to help them overcome challenges and develop their businesses. We look forward to providing even more of this support in the local area, thanks to the ongoing support and partnership with Epping Forest District Council.
To access any of the above services, businesses can contact Colbea directly on
- Call 01206 548 833
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date
Keep in touch with our latest news, service updates and reports.