Elections and voting
When’s the next election
The next scheduled election is on Thursday 12 December 2019.
This list below does not include by-elections, snap elections or referendums which can be held at any time.
7 May 2020
- Epping Forest District Council election for 21 out of 58 district councillors
- Parish and Town Council election for 14 out of 24 parish and town councils:
- Abbess, Beauchamp and Berners Roding Parish Council
- Buckhurst Hill Parish Council
- Chigwell Parish Council
- Fyfield Parish Council
- High Ongar Parish Council
- Loughton Town Council
- Moreton, Bobbingworth and the Lavers Parish Council
- Stanford Rivers Parish Council
- Stapleford Abbotts Parish Council
- Stapleford Tawney Parish Council
- Theydon Bois Parish Council
- Theydon Garnon Parish Council
- Theydon Mount Parish Council
- Willingale Parish Council
- Election for Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex
6 May 2021
- Essex County Council election of 7 county councillors representing the Epping Forest district
5 May 2022
- General election of 3 MPs – the whole of the Epping Forest constituency and part of both Brentwood & Ongar and Harlow constituencies
- Epping Forest District Council election for 19 out of 58 district councillors
4 May 2023
- Epping Forest District Council election for 18 out of 58 district councillors
District, Parish and Town, and County Council elections are held every 4 years. Parliamentary elections for MPs are held every 5 years. All use the first-past-the-post (FPTP) electoral system.
Epping Forest District Council votes by thirds, this means that a third of councillors are elected every year over a 4 year cycle (with no district elections in the fourth year).