Jobs and careers
View and apply for jobs with Epping Forest District Council.
A place of opportunity
Epping Forest District Council is a place of opportunity and it’s a great time to join us – we’re changing how we deliver our services ensuring we are one that people are proud of and which delivers its priorities to high standards.
We have a unique history and heritage and the district is growing. As it grows we want to ensure that we become a prosperous district with a high quality of life for everyone, look after our environment and at the same time build and enhance the infrastructure that supports our service delivery plans.
We’re therefore looking for innovative and talented individuals who can help us achieve this – people as vibrant, as inspiring and unique as the district itself.
For those that shape this journey, it represents an opportunity not to be missed.
It’s all about you!
The global COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 has changed how we look at the way we work. We’re no longer reliant on a fixed desk, in a fixed building, working fixed hours. Remote and new ways of working are our new normal.
Everyone has had to adapt to a new way of working practically overnight and here at Epping we made this a success by quickly adapting to new technologies and placing new levels of flexibility and trust in our employees.
We learned that:
- Balancing choice with business needs – flexibility makes everything a success. It’s a win-win.
- Everyone is capable – people can be trusted to work in a pattern that suits their needs while still meeting service needs.
- Collaborative working is key – we can come together whenever we need to whether this is in person, via Teams or Zoom. We have a hybrid view of how we work.
- Continuous challenge – our managers and employees have kept in regular contact, setting objectives and developing resolutions to both personal and professional challenges.
- Your wellbeing and your family’s wellbeing come first – whatever you need we can make it happen, including access to private GPs, a great Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Mental Health First Aid support and a Wellbeing platform, the list is endless!
- Managed by performance – it’s what you do that matters not how or when you do it. We value and recognise contribution.
- Connectivity everywhere – we are continuously improving our digital solutions so that, in agreement with your manager, you can choose your own flexible work space.
If EFDC sounds like the place for you then view our current vacancies or to set up a job alert by clicking on the search for jobs button at the top of the page.