Government guidance and advice
Stay at home:
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
Anyone can spread the virus.
UK Government guidance
- UK Government’s coronavirus action plan – What the coronavirus bill will do
- Full guidance on staying at home and away from others
- Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
- Travel advice: coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know
- Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK
WhatsApp chatbot service launched
The UK Government has launched a GOV.UK Coronavirus Information service on WhatsApp.
To use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp:
- Add 07860 064422 to your phone contacts
- Message the word hi in a WhatsApp message
Users will get information on topics such as coronavirus prevention and symptoms, advice on staying at home, travel advice and myth busting.
Essex County Council advice
Easy Read advice
Easy Read documents are for people with learning disabilities to help them understand important information. The information is written in short sentences that avoid difficult words or jargon.
- New rules on staying at home and away from others (pdf 1MB)
- Stay at home – A guide for people with coronavirus (pdf 2MB)
Lots of other people use Easy Read information too:
- Older people
- Young people and children
- People who don’t speak english as a first language
- People who don’t have enough time to read long, complex versions of information
Please pass this information on to everyone you know who is in contact with people with learning disabilities, or anyone who would prefer Easy Read information.