Shielding and support for vulnerable groups
Let’s keep life moving
Coronavirus remains a serious health risk. You should stay cautious to help protect yourself and others.
- Fresh air – Meet outside, or open windows and doors for indoor visitors
- Testing – If you think you have symptoms stay at home and take a PCR test
- Face coverings – Wear face coverings in crowded places and on public transport
- App – Check in to venues when you go out
- Handwashing – Wash your hands with soap regularly, and for at least 20 seconds
- Get vaccinated if you’re 18 or over
This guidance is for everyone in England who has been identified as clinically extremely vulnerable from coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Face coverings and exemptions for health or equality reasons
- Shielding and the clinically extremely vulnerable
- People living with dementia
- Victims of domestic abuse
NHS Volunteer Responders will continue to offer support to those who need it, including collecting and delivering food and medicines.
The Essex Wellbeing Service (previously known as Essex Welfare Service) supports people in the community and at work with a range of health, wellbeing and day to day needs.
They help people access information and support to stay healthy, safe and well from help to quit smoking, to supporting families adapt to ‘new normal’.
There are many ways for those who are shielding to get access to food and other essentials. Make use of the supermarket priority delivery slots that are available.
Voluntary Action Epping Forest support residents with food packages, medicine collection and a friendly chat during lockdown.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak means people need to be able to access health and care services from home – you can get NHS help using your smartphone, computer or tablet.
Guidance and support on:
- Open all sections
- Getting financial support
- Help with redundancy and finding work
- Working safely
- Working from home
- Holiday and sick leave
Use this service to find out what help and advice you can get from the government and other organisations. You can use it for yourself or someone else.