Housing for older people
The Private Sector Grants Services helps vulnerable residents who are elderly or disabled to:
- Or maintain their homes.
The team can also help with home improvements to
- Prevent hospital admission
- Support discharge from hospital
For more information, including the types of financial assistance available to residents, contact us at
- Call 01992 564092
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council is not operating a Handyperson Scheme at the current time. Residents in privately owned accommodation who are in need of this kind of assistance should contact Voluntary Action Epping Forest on 01992 564256
The Homesafe scheme is a joint partnership between EFDC Community Safety Team (CST) and the Councils Private Sector Grants Service. Designed to help older residents feel safe in and around their home, by making it safer and more secure, by reducing the risk of accidental falls or loss through fire or inadequate security.
The Council’s highly trained CST will arrange for a security survey, based on their recommendations, arrange a visit from our police vetted HomeSafe technician. The recommended safety and/or security measures are carried out on a job by job basis on behalf of the CST. The CST supply ‘Secured by Design’ equipment for the contractor to install as directed.
Common measures provided are:
- Security: Door and window locks, door chains, spy holes and key safes (chargeable option). Solar lighting, laminate film, external mail boxes, letter box arson bags, letter box plating, Birmingham and London bars, door guards, pad lock and hasps, hingebolts and door/gate bolts. In more serious cases the temporary fitting of small portable CCTV
- Safety and Fire Prevention: Smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire safety advice. Home Fire Risk assessments in some
For further information contact the CST by
- Call 01992 564608
- Email email@example.com.