Parking and travel
London Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ)
The Mayor of London has decided to expand the ULEZ to the GLA boundary. This does not include Essex or any part of the Epping Forest district.
As a result of the consultation and the Mayoral decision to expand the ULEZ, TfL have also decided to;
- Remove the annual £10 per vehicle Auto Pay registration fee to make it easier for people with non-compliant vehicles to pay the charge and avoid unnecessary penalty charges
- Increase the penalty charge notice for non-payment of the ULEZ and Congestion Charges from £160 to £180 (or £90 if paid within 14 days) to ensure it remains an effective deterrent
To support the ULEZ expansion, the Mayor has announced that he is funding a £110m scrappage scheme for low income and disabled Londoners, charities micro businesses and sole traders to help take the most polluting vehicles off London’s roads.
The scheme will open on 30 January 2023. The TfL website has already been updated with some details on what the scheme will look like and who will be eligible can apply. We would also like to know your views on how we can shape the future of road user charging.
See if your vehicle is affected
Check your vehicle to find out if your vehicle meets emissions and safety standards required to drive in London, or if you need to pay a daily charge.
Our consultation response
- EFDC’s Response to TfL Consultation on Proposals to Extend the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) (pdf 126KB)
Find out more
Visit the TfL consultation website for more information including:
- Easy read versions of the TfL information and consultation survey
- British Sign Language video of the TfL proposals
- More detailed information, including Frequently Asked Questions