Planning and building
Make a building control application
When carrying out work you must decide on the type of application for your planned build, extension or alteration work.
Full plan submission
A full plan submission is the most thorough option. Suitable for all types of building works.
Building notice submission
A building notice application is for smaller projects and minor works. Suitable for simple domestic building works.
You do not get formal approval with a building notice application like you do with full plans.
You can also use the Planning Portal to make electronic and offline Building Control applications.
The key features of the Planning Portal
- Free of charge to use
- Works with all CAD applications and paper scans
- Eliminates sending multiple paper plans (when submitted electronically)
- Saves time and money
- Send an application at any time (available 24/7)
- Environmentally friendly
- All you require is web access
- Track the progress of your application online (when submitted electronically)
For more information or advice on building control applications.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Building control, Epping Forest District Council Civic Offices, 323 High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ
- Telephone: 01992564141