Recycling and rubbish
Report a street cleaning issue
Roads throughout the district are sectioned into zones for street cleaning. Busier roads are cleaned more regularly than rural roads.
To report a street cleaning issue:
Please do not report a street cleaning issue if your street is due to be cleaned within 3 working days.
Grass verges and trees
Our grounds maintenance team regularly maintain our green areas within the district.
If you see an area that needs maintaining let us know:
Weed spraying is Essex County Council. If you see any issues with weeds on the public highway,
Litter and dog waste bins
To report an overflowing littler or dog waste bin, you will need:
- Your name, address and contact details
- Location of the bin
- Photos or evidence of the problem, if you have it
Spillages and emergencies
To report traffic accidents, spillages or highways related emergencies including:
- Vehicle traffic accidents / debris
- Liquid / oil spillage
- Fly tips (blocking access only)
- Street cleansing problems that require immediate attention eg. hazardous, asbestos, broken glass, spilled lorry load, etc.
To report these:
- Call 01992 564000