Our customer promise
Customers at the heart of everything
Our customer promise
- To do what we say we will do
- Be helpful, polite, treat you fairly and with respect
- Treat your private and confidential information with care and respect
- Try to resolve your query at the first point of contact
- Regularly update you on the progress of your service or request
- Tell you what will happen, who by and when by
- Investigate all reports of fraud to protect public money
Get it right
- Provide you with the correct decision, information or payment
- Explain what you can do if the outcome is not what you had hoped for
- Resolve complaints in a timely manner and learn from mistakes
- Listen to your feedback when designing and reviewing our services
Provide easy access
- Make our services available online for you to use at a time that suits you
- Publish information about benefits and services online
- Explain clearly the different ways you can contact us for help
Measure our service to you
- Provide you with the opportunity to leave customer satisfaction feedback at every contact
- Monitor customer calls for quality and training purposes
In return we ask that you
- Treat all our staff with respect
- Provide us with the correct information
- Ask us to explain if you are unsure about anything
- Be on time for appointments
- Make us aware of any relevant changes in circumstances
- Inform us if you have any translation or accessibility needs
Our values and behaviours
We will be open and honest with each other and our customers. We will treat everyone with respect and take responsibility for our actions.
We will take pride in our work and celebrate our achievements. We will learn from our mistakes and always do what we say we will do.
We will work together as One Council, supporting each other and our partners to achieve better results for everyone.
We will put the customer at the heart of everything we do, providing services that are tailored to the different needs of our communities.
We will seek new ways of working to improve and change to meet new challenges.