Comments, compliments and complaints
You are our top priority. We want to know how we are doing and we want to resolve any concerns as quickly as possible.
A comment is a suggestion or observation about a service delivered by us, a supplier or partner.
A compliment is praise for an individual or a service delivered by us, a supplier or partner.
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction, where you feel any of the following has happened:
- Failure to provide a service, or experience of dissatisfaction with the way we have provided a service
- Unreasonable delays with the provision of a service
- Dissatisfaction with the way a policy has been applied or a decision made
- Failure to fulfil our statutory responsibilities
- Provision of inaccurate or false information and advice to you
- The conduct of staff, partners or contractors has been inappropriate
Before you make a complaint
We do not include initial requests for a service as part of our complaints process.
These requests will be directed to the right team to manage as part of their normal processes.
Examples of service requests include:
- Reporting an abandoned vehicle
- Reporting fly tipping
- A missed bin collection
If you’ve already reported it and we failed to do something, then a complaint can be raised.
How can I raise a concern?
Please read our customer complaints policy (pdf 158KB) and understand whether you should make a complaint or whether there is an alternative way of contacting us.