How we make decisions
Consultations and ePetitions
Epping Forest Youth Council
History of Epping Forest District Council
Comments, compliments and complaints
You are our top priority. We want to know how we are doing and we want to resolve any concerns as quickly as possible.
A comment is a suggestion or observation about a service delivered by us, a supplier or partner.
A compliment is praise for an individual or a service delivered by us, a supplier or partner.
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction, where you feel any of the following has happened:
- Failure to provide a service, or experience of dissatisfaction with the way we have provided a service
- Unreasonable delays with the provision of a service
- Dissatisfaction with the way a policy has been applied or a decision made
- Failure to fulfil our statutory responsibilities
- Provision of inaccurate or false information and advice to you
- The conduct of staff, partners or contractors has been inappropriate
Before you make a complaint
We do not include initial requests for a service as part of our complaints process.
These requests will be directed to the right team to manage as part of their normal processes.
Examples of service requests include:
- Reporting an abandoned vehicle
- Reporting fly tipping
- A missed bin collection
If you’ve already reported it and we failed to do something, then a complaint can be raised.
How can I raise a concern?
Please read our comments, compliments and complaints policy 2018 (pdf 194 KB) and understand whether you should make a complaint or whether there is an alternative way of contacting us.