2023 to 2027
- Stronger communities
- Stronger place
- Stronger council
Our key objectives
We will be an Employer of Choice.
Through the delivery of the People Strategy. We will progress the strategy and it will be reviewed and reported through the Council’s performance processes to members and senior leaders.
The main themes of the People Strategy are:
- Maximising organisational capacity and capability
- Effective and inspirational leadership, values and culture
- Employee experience and engagement
We will improve customer access to our services.
- Generating higher customer satisfaction through better accuracy and faster response
- Making high-quality digital services the default choice for most residents, businesses, and visitors
- Understanding and delivering better outcomes through data use, capture, and sharing according to our customers’ needs
- Providing digital solutions within a secure online environment, keeping us and our customers safe
We will provide the highest standards of financial competence, management and governance.
- Ensuring value for money in the use of resources and delivery of services
- Maintaining low Council Tax, embracing commercial opportunities, and achieving long-term financial sustainability
- Optimising decision making and risk management through strong governance and best practice
- Being accountable through transparent finance, governance and decision making