Community champions are volunteers of like-minded people who can share ideas and experiences from their communities to improve the health and wellbeing of local people.
Our community champions vision is to build on the skills and knowledge of local people to create, happy, friendly and healthy communities across the Epping Forest district.
Download and share our poster – Community Champions poster (pdf 2MB)
What is a community champion?
Community champions can help you to:
- Get to know what’s going on in the local area
- Learn more about how to stay healthy and active
- Access local services you might need
- Organise community events
There is an ongoing recruitment campaign to recruit volunteers from the towns and parishes within the Epping Forest district.
Become a community champion
If you want to meet new people, learn new skills and share your knowledge with your local community, we are looking for people who:
- Live in the Epping Forest district
- Aged 18 years or above
- Passionate about where they live
- Able to build strong community connections
- Happy to support and promote fun days and community events
- Willing to share information about local services in the area
- Able to promote useful health improvement information within the community
Join us and make a real difference in your community!
To find out more about our Epping Forest community champions programme contact Patrick Arnold, our Senior Community Engagement Officer:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 01992 564556