Information for leaseholders
Your lease is a legally binding document and is the contract between you and us, Epping Forest District Council.
The lease is usually for 125 years, from the date of the first sale within your block. This means that when the first person in your block bought their property under the Right to Buy Scheme, their lease would be for the maximum of 125 years.
Your solicitor should have explained what the lease means before you purchased, and what your rights and duties are under the lease. We also have rights and duties under the lease.
Contact the Home Ownership Team:
- Telephone 01992 564015 or 564428
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Home Ownership Team, Civic Offices, 323 High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ
Our Housing Management Team cover business including:
- Anti-social behaviour including neighbour nuisance
- Estate management
Tenancy, Estate and Land issues
The Tenancy and Estates Team deals with issues which relate to estates and land acquired or held under Housing Act powers. Contact this team for issues relating to:
- Estate inspections
- Clearance of communal areas following fire risk assessments
- Estate enhancements
- The use or misuse of the council’s housing land
- Tenancy sustainment
- Tenancy breaches
- Tenancy succession
- Tenancy audits
- Joint tenancy applications
- Changes to tenancies
To contact the Tenancy and Estates Team:
- Call 01992 564780
- Email email@example.com
- Visit The Limes Centre, Limes Avenue, Chigwell IG7 5LP
To report anti-social behaviour regarding a council tenant use our report anti-social behaviour online form.
To report noise nuisance regarding a council tenant use our report a noise problem online form.