Crime and SafetyCrime and safety

Our Community Safety Team provide a number of services that concentrate on working with some of the most vulnerable people in our community while tackling the causes and symptoms of crime. See the right hand menu for information on specific issues.

Residents with crime and safety concerns should contact our Community Safety Team on the contact details below.

Community Safety Partnership


Community Safety Partnership (CSP)

Community Safety Partnership logoThe Community Safety Partnership (CSP) is a statutory body of different organisations who work together to reduce crime & disorder in the district.

The Crime and Disorder Act 1998, as amended by the Police Reform Act 2002, sets out the statutory requirements for responsible authorities to work together with other local agencies, organisations and people to develop and implement strategies to tackle crime and disorder, help create safer communities and tackle misuse of drugs in their area. These statutory partnerships are known as Community Safety Partnerships.

Read more: Community Safety Partnership (CSP)


NewsNews about Crime, Safety and Environment

Youth council get Fearless

Epping Forest Youth Councillors met with Emily Larkin from Crimestoppers to talk... MOD_WPPOSTS_READMORE

Fire engine visits school in Waltham Abbey

Three classes of excited children and Sid, the school dog from Waltham Holy Cross... MOD_WPPOSTS_READMORE

High Sheriff grant helps J9 go national

The Council's J9 domestic abuse awareness initiative have been awarded a grant of... MOD_WPPOSTS_READMORE

Tribute to London victims

Flags outside the offices of Epping Forest District Council are flying at half-mast... MOD_WPPOSTS_READMORE

Pub to replace Nu Bar

As part of a crackdown on crime and disorder in Loughton, Essex Police asked Epping... MOD_WPPOSTS_READMORE

Phone Contact us....

Telephone: 01992 564608

Or write to us at: Safer Communities Team, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street,,  Epping, Essex CM16 4BZ

IMPORTANT PLEASE NOTE - if your complaint relates to abandoned vehicles, rubbish, fly-tipping or other environmental issues please email To report defects in roads, pavements or lighting please contact Essex County Council Highways.