We want you to get the most out of your council home, so we have produced a Tenants Handbook for you. It contains useful information about us, the housing services we provide and your rights and responsibilities. Along with your Tenancy Agreement, the handbook also gives you the information you need about your tenancy conditions.
As your landlord, we are responsible for managing your property and we work closely with our partners to make sure that our services are of a high standard and good value for money.
We have tried to include as much information as possible in your handbook, but if you don’t find what you are looking for please contact your Housing Management Officer.
The tenants handbook has 8 sections:
- Information on the Housing Service
- Rents, benefits and housing management
- Tenancy information
- Repairs and improvements to your home
- Buying your home from the Council
- Off-street parking and garages
- Housing appeals, complaints and homelessness reviews
- Useful contact information
If you need a printed handbook please email HousingStrategy@eppingforestdc.gov.uk and we will send you a copy.
Housing Rents policy
See our Housing Rents policy for more information on our approach to the setting of rent and service charges