We are closed from 5pm on 23 December 2016 until 9am on 3 January 2017. There are still ways you can get in touch with us when you need to over the Christmas holiday period.
Christmas message from Chairman Jeane Lea
Report it online (non-emergency) – report missed bin, noise, flytipping, fraud, abandoned vehicle, etc.
Report by email (non-emergency) – emails sent here will not be looked at until 3 January 2017.
Phone (emergency) 01992 564000
Housing repairs (emergency) 01992 564199
Pay online 24/7 – pay Council Tax, rent, business rates, leasehold charges, etc.
Pay by phone 24/7 01992 564600
Our Debden cash office & Epping kiosk will close at 4:30pm on 23 December 2016 and reopen 9am on 3 January 2017.
Our Waltham Abbey library kiosk is subject to Waltham Abbey library opening hours.
Waste and recycling
Christmas 2016 revised collection dates
- Collection date Tuesday 27 December 2016 revised to Wednesday 28 December 2016
- Collection date Wednesday 28 December 2016 revised to Thursday 29 December 2016
- Collection date Thursday 29 December 2016 revised to Friday 30 December 2016
- Collection date Friday 30 December 2016 revised to Saturday 31 December 2016
Recycling real Christmas trees
Leave your real Christmas trees with your food and garden waste in January 2017. Remove the pot, all decorations and if over 6ft, cut in half to ensure safe collection.
Our special collections service closes at 5pm on 23 December 2016 and resume at 9am on 3 January 2017.
Lost or found dogs
Call 07815 512833 weekdays from 7am to 9pm, weekends and bank holidays from 10am to 7pm.
Free weekend parking in December – all of our car parks are free on weekends throughout December and bank holidays.
Epping Forest District Museum
Epping Forest District Museum is closed from 4pm on 22 December 2016 and reopens 10am on 3 January 2017.
Housing benefit payments revised dates
- Payments due 26 December 2016 will be now be available in bank accounts around 23 December 2016
- Payments due 02 January 2017 will now be available in bank accounts around 29 December 2016
Normal payment cycle will resume from 9 January 2017.