Recycling and rubbish
Request a special collection
We offer a special collection service our residents to remove large bulky household waste items such as beds, washing machines, fridges and freezers. All food must be removed from fridges and freezers or they will not be taken.
We do not take sofas or domestic seating such as chairs, armchairs or stools. It is not for house, garage or property refurbishment clearances. You will need to use firms who supply this waste service or charities.
Before applying please check your item is not on the list of Items not accepted below.
Special collection prices
|Number of items||Price||Over 60's|
|1 to 3||£29.00||£14.50|
|4 to 7||£43.73||£21.84|
|8 to 10||£57.75||£29.00|
Items must be placed on your boundary and clearly visible. If you are unable to place the items at the boundary we will not be able to offer you this service.
All items registered for collection must be put out for collection at the boundary of the property by 6.30am on the day of collection.
If you live in a flat please leave your items either:
- Outside the communal entrance door
- In the communal bin area
- Or in your own parking space in a communal car park
Items not accepted
The following items are not accepted for a special collection:
- Sofas and sofa beds
- Domestic seating including chairs, armchairs, stools, bean bags and futons
- Garden waste, soil and trees that have been cut down
- Building waste
- Carpet or underlay
- Fixtures or fittings
- Hazardous waste or chemical waste, paint or any other liquid substances
- American style fridge freezers – any fridge freezer with a water dispenser and larger than the average fridge freezer of 182.4cm (H) x 54cm (W) x 57.5cm (D)
- Glass, or items with glass in them such as tables etc
- Fence panels, sheds or greenhouses
Items that may require more than two people to carry. This may result in your special collection not being taken.
Recycling unwanted furniture
Across the district there are many charities that up cycle and re home unwanted furniture.
Ecco is an environmental charity established in 1995, their main goal is to divert items from landfill. If your item can be reused, ECCO will provide a free collection.
- Call 01279 444244
- Ecco website
Freegle helps people give and get items for free in their local community and save items from being thrown away. The types of items you can give and get on Freegle ranges from:
- Children’s toys
- Even pre-loved garden ornaments
- You can pass almost anything on using Freegle!
It’s easy and free to join Freegle – join Epping Forest Freegle today.
What if you can’t take my item?
Recycling centres also known as dumps or tips are looked after and maintained by Essex County council and is located across the district.
For information on your nearest recycling centre go to Essex County Council recycling centres website.