Recycling and rubbish
Request a special collection
We offer a special collection service for residents in the district to remove large bulky household waste items such as beds, chairs, fridges and washing machines. All food must be removed from fridges and freezers or they will not be taken.
It is not for house, garage or property refurbishment clearances. You will need to use firms who supply this waste service or charities such as Epping Forest ReUse.
Special collection prices
|Number of items||Price||Over 60's|
|1 to 3||£29.00||£14.50|
|4 to 7||£43.73||£21.84|
|8 to 10||£57.75||£29.00|
When booking a special collection the items must be placed at the boundary of your property. If you are unable to place the items at the boundary we will not be able to offer you this service.
All items registered for collection must be put out for collection at the boundary of the property by 7am on the day of collection.
If you live in a flat please leave your items either:
- Outside the communal entrance door
- In the communal bin area
- Or in your own parking space in a communal car park
Items not accepted
The following items are not accepted for a special collection:
- Garden waste, soil and trees that have been cut down
- Building waste
- Carpet or underlay
- Fixtures or fittings
- Hazardous waste or chemical waste, paint or any other liquid substances
- American style fridge freezers – any fridge freezer with a water dispenser and larger than the average fridge freezer of 182.4cm (H) x 54cm (W) x 57.5cm (D)
- Glass, or items with glass in them such as tables etc
- Fence panels, sheds or greenhouses
Items that may require more than two people to carry. This may result in your special collection not being taken.
Recycling unwanted furniture
Across the district there are many charities that up cycle and re home unwanted furniture.
A local charity we support is Epping Forest ReUse.
Freegle helps people give and get items for free in their local community and save items from being thrown away. The types of items you can give and get on Freegle ranges from:
- Children’s toys
- Even pre-loved garden ornaments
- You can pass almost anything on using Freegle!
It’s easy and free to join Freegle – join Epping Forest Freegle today.
What if you can’t take my item?
Recycling centres also known as dumps or tips are looked after and maintained by Essex County council and is located across the district.
For information on your nearest recycling centre go to Essex County Council recycling centres website.