Recycling and rubbish
Request a special collection
We offer a special collection service for bulky household items such as beds, chairs, fridges and washing machines.
Special collection prices
|Number of items||Price||Over 60s price|
|1 to 3||£26.27||£13.14|
|4 to 7||£39.66||£19.83|
|8 to 10||£52.53||£26.27|
|11 to 15||£66.95||£34.48|
|Over 15||Contact us for price||Contact us for price|
All items registered for collection must be put out for collection at the boundary of the property by 7am on the day of collection.
If you live in a flat please leave your items either:
- Outside the communal entrance door
- In the communal bin area
- Or in your own parking space in a communal car park
Items not accepted
The following items are not accepted for a special collection:
- Building waste
- Carpet or underlay
- Fixtures or fittings
- Hazardous waste or chemical waste, paint or any other liquid substances
- American style fridge freezers.
- Glass, or items with glass in them such as tables etc
- Fence panels, sheds or greenhouses
Recycling unwanted furniture
Across the district there are many charities that up cycle and re home unwanted furniture.
A local charity we support is Epping Forest ReUse.
Freegle helps people give and get items for free in their local community and save items from being thrown away. The types of items you can give and get on Freegle ranges from:
- Children’s toys
- Even pre-loved garden ornaments
- You can pass almost anything on using Freegle!
It’s easy and free to join Freegle – join Epping Forest Freegle today.
What if you can’t take my item?
Recycling centres also known as dumps or tips are looked after and maintained by Essex County council and is located across the district.
For information on your nearest recycling centre go to Essex County Council recycling centres website.