Councillors are entitled to allowances and expenses to cover some of the costs of carrying out their public duties as they are not paid a salary. The Council is required to publish these amounts annually.
Amounts paid to Epping Forest District Council councillors in respect of basic and special responsibility allowances, travel and subsistence expenses, together with the special allowances paid to the chairman and vice-chairman of the Authority during the year.
MEMBERS’ ALLOWANCES AND EXPENSES 2012/13
Epping Forest District Council
LOCAL AUTHORITIES (MEMBERS’ ALLOWANCES) (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2003 – PAYMENTS TO COUNCILLORS 2012/13
Notice is hereby given of the amounts paid to Councillors of the Epping Forest District Council in respect of Basic and Special Responsibility Allowances, Travel and Subsistence Expenses, Connectivity Allowance, Pension and ERS NI and special allowances paid to the Chairman and ViceChairman of the Authority during the year ended 31 March 2013.
Assistant to the Chief Executive
Dated this 8th day of May 2013
Councillors Allowances and expenses 2012/13 (pdf 16kb)
- Basic Allowance is an amount paid to each Councillor to cover incidental expenses as a result of their role as elected representatives.
- Responsibility Allowance is a special payment to Cabinet Members and certain Chairmen in connection with their additional responsibilities and workload in these positions.
- Member Connectivity Payments are made to members who agree to receive the majority of their agenda/reports/minutes in e-format and not hard copy.
- Chairman/Vice-Chairman’s Allowances are special payments to the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Council to assist them in carrying out their civic duties on behalf of the Council.
- Travelling and subsistence payments are made in relation to attendance at meetings and other approved duties.
- Pension payments are the contributions made by the Council to the Local Government Pension Scheme for those members opting into the Scheme.
- ERS NI represents the Council’s national insurance contributions.
Trackback from your site.