Residents are being invited to take part in a review of the new domestic waste and recycling contract let by Epping Forest District Council.
Residents have the opportunity to ask questions directly to councillors, council staff, consultants and Biffa managers involved in the implementation of the new waste contract at a meeting of the Neighbourhoods and Communities Select Committee on 17 December at 7pm.
This is a great opportunity for residents to get involved in review discussions.
Ask your question
The council are asking for written questions in advance, these will then be categorised. Questions from each category will be drawn at random to avoid repetition and the questioners will be invited to ask their questions in person.
Every question put to the council will be responded to and the answers will be posted on the council’s website. We want questions about the service rather than specific failed collections, as the purpose of this meeting is to improve on the systems already in place.
About the meeting
The meeting will be divided into 3 sections
- Consultant Len Attrill from White Young and Green will be fielding questions relating to procurement
- Roger Edwards, Managing Director of Biffa will be answering questions relating to the first 6 months of the contract
- Environment Portfolio Holder, Councillor Will Breare-Hall and Director of Neighbourhoods Derek MacNab will be on hand to answer questions regarding the revised 4 day week service
Your opportunity to get involved
This is your opportunity to get involved. Please forward your questions by Friday 11 December.
- Meeting – Special Meeting of the Neighbourhoods and Communities Select Committee
- Date – Thursday 17 December 2015
- Time – 7pm
- Venue – Council Chamber, Epping Forest District Council, Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, CM16 4BZ
This meeting will be webcast, so if you are unable to attend you can watch it live on the council’s website at www.eppingforestdc.public-i.tv.
Submit a question
Questions must be submitted by email or in writing by 5pm Friday 11 December 2015.
- Email email@example.com
- Write to Democratic Services, Epping Forest District Council, High Street, Epping, Essex, CM16 4BZ
We will not be taking questions over the phone.