Pay your Council Tax
There are several ways to pay your Council Tax bill.
Our online accounts are quick and easy to use, and enable you to:
- View your account
- Check payments and other transactions
- Pay your bill
- Sign up for Direct Debit
Pay in person
Pay by cash, cheque or by debit or credit card.
- Self-service kiosk at Epping Forest District Council Civic Offices, High Street, Epping, Essex CM16 4BZ
- Epping Forest District Council housing and cash office, 63 The Broadway, Loughton, Essex IG10 3SP
Both open 9am to 4.45pm Mondays to Thursdays and 9am to 4.30pm Fridays, except Bank Holidays.
- Self-service Kiosk in Waltham Abbey Library, 37 Sun Street, Waltham Abbey, Essex EN9 1EL
Open 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday excluding Thursdays and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays.
Remember to bring your Council Tax bill at the time of payment.
Pay by post
Send payments to:
Epping Forest District Council
323 High Street
Please include your payment reference number and name and address on the back of the cheque.
If you would like a receipt, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your payment.
Pay by phone
- Call 01992 564600
Call our 24 hour automated telephone payment service allowing you to make payments using your debit or credit card.
You must have your account reference number and debit or credit card available when telephoning the payment line.
Pay by instalments
The statutory scheme automatically allocates 10 monthly instalments payable on the 10th of the month for April to January.
- 10 months
- 12 months
You can also request to pay by any of the following methods:
- 12 monthly payments spreading your payments from April to March on the 10th of the month. The number of instalments will be reduced if the plan starts late, the final payment will remain in March
- Half-yearly payments to be made in April and October
- A yearly payment to be made in April
If you wish to change your instalment plan please contact the Council Tax office.
Bank Giro Credit – Standing Order – BACs Transfer
Quote your name, address and Council Tax reference number when making a payment.
- Account name Epping Forest District Council
- Sort Code 60-07-39 (Nat West Bank)
- Account number 56340001